Getting to Know Texas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas
February 8th 2005
Published: February 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We have several bike rides planned as soon as the threat of heavy rain storms diminish. Like you we have been having warmer weather but with lots of clouds and rain. we have been busy exploring Texas.
On Saturday, we took off for Austin, hoping to attend a concert in Austin that evening. Austin calls itself "the live music capital of the world", with good reason. We stopped at a flea market only to discover we were the only"gringos" there. Jim found a good Mexican restaurant, "Pappasito's" that he remembered from business trips. It was the best Mexican food I ever tasted and I ate it all!
After driving around the capitol complex in Austin, we parked the car, to go on foot. We found a newly restored Driscoll Hotel in the middle of town. While we relaxed and enjoyed the elegant surroundings, they were towing our car to the car pound!!! The cop hailed a cab for us and we were able to find and retrieve the car. ("But officer, we're from Pittsburgh, and didn't know about the Mardi Gra weekend" didn't work.) We'll go back for the music another day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Jim and Joan at the DriscollJim and Joan at the Driscoll
Jim and Joan at the Driscoll

Little did we know our car was being towed this very moment


Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0905s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb