Fake Stonehenge in Central Texas 2006


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas
January 15th 2006
Published: February 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Fake StonehengeFake StonehengeFake Stonehenge

Some crazy guy decided to make his own version in the middle of Central Texas.
It took us a while to get there but we finally made it!

The sheer weirdness of a Stonehenge replica in the middle of the Texas Hill Country is just AWESOME! As a kid I was always attracted to the fascinating, the mysterious, mostly out of seeing them in books about paranormal activities. Stonehenge over in England is one of my most desired places to go visit. Much to my surprise some wacko decided to build his own version here in Texas.

Steve and I took off early to some dark looking clouds. We hoped the sun would eventually peer through the clouds but that never happened. It also took us a long while to track down the right country road that winded down into the unknown hill country until finally the monument came into view.

I excitedly ran out of the truck to run through the monument stones. Its not quite as big as the real thing over in England put it was still a fun place. There weren't many tourist so I basically had the whole place to myself. Steve mostly stayed out of the way as I ran back and forth and snapped a gabillion pictures. Unfortunately the sun wasn't out to take some interesting looking shadows but for about 45 minutes I felt transported back in time to ancient Druid ceremonies.

Two Easter Island statues are also located on the premise to add to the weirdness. Take a picture of you picking one of their noses. Its’ fun. Plus it goes with all the oddness of the place.

Anyways, if you ever have a random weekend to just explore Central Texas put this on your list. Its nice, its quiet, and you can tell your friends all about how weird it was.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Fake Stonehenge 3Fake Stonehenge 3
Fake Stonehenge 3

Nice columns.
Easter Island Statue #1Easter Island Statue #1
Easter Island Statue #1

I have no idea where he got Easter Island from Druids.
Easter Island Statue #2Easter Island Statue #2
Easter Island Statue #2

This one has a hat on.
Fake Stonehenge 5Fake Stonehenge 5
Fake Stonehenge 5

Sacrificial Altar?
Fake Stonehenge 6Fake Stonehenge 6
Fake Stonehenge 6

Poking my head out from behind the rocks.


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb