Visiting Shaun and Yvette


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
October 24th 2016
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 29.4245, -98.4946

Another three-plus hour drive today got us to San Antonio. We took the route west from Conroe through Montgomery turning south at Navasota to avoid the Houston traffic. It's the best way to go. We have had the gear shift fail to change out of park on the first try a few times during the last few days so we asked Shaun and Yvette to come get us for dinner. They picked us up, and we went straight down Broadway to Fratello's. Good Italian fare with an excellent waitress.

After dinner, we went back to the hotel to visit and to look at the mementos we picked up from Paula yesterday. Shaun tried on Charles' army jacket and cap which fit almost perfectly. He was happy to receive them, as well as his coat rack and the shadowbox containing Charles' medals. We will share the photos with them and anyone who wants them after we have made digital copies.

We are staying at a new Homewood Suites which is closer to Shaun and Yvette's home than any of the other Hilton properties in the city. I do like it. Well, everything except the slow, slow elevator. We definitely need to remember to book here on future trips.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb