Dinner and Memorabilia


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Conroe
October 23rd 2016
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 30.3122, -95.4559

This morning we drove down to Conroe from Dallas with only one major slowdown just where I-45 intersects I-20. It took over an hour to go about three miles through a one-lane construction zone. When we got near Conroe, we made arrangements for a time to see Paula. Bill is working so we didn't get to see him, too.

Philip and I picked up dinner from Dickey's and took it to their house at 5:00. Paula was standing in the driveway waiting to greet us when we arrived. The house is lovely with a fantastic array of fall decorations both inside and out. Bill is such a talented decorator!

Paula had a treasure trove of goodies waiting for us. She and Bill (probably mostly Bill) had found Charles' army medals and uniform, a huge box of old snapshots, and a variety of other keepsakes for us. We had a wonderful time looking through everything. We will take the army items to Shaun tomorrow. We'll digitize the photos and return the originals to Paula. We'll take the rest of the items home to keep or share with Erin. Looking at all these old items stirred up memories, and we shared stories that came to mind. It was such a nice evening. Wish we were able to spend time together more often.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb