Getting ready...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
May 9th 2012
Published: May 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This time tomorrow, we will be boarding our flight from NYC to Athens to begin our 16 day trip through the Holy Lands. We'll spend an extra day in Athens before boarding the Pacific Princess for a 12-day cruise to Greece, Turkey, Israel, Egypt and Italy, ending up with a couple of extra days in Rome. This is a trip we've been dreaming about for years and we feel very blessed to actually have the chance to make those dreams come true.

We have to thank Dennis and Martie for giving us the idea to see the Holy Lands by sea. It was their strong endorsement of this specific ship and essentially this same itinerary from their vacation last year that made us decided to actually do it. We also want to thank Martie for writing down all of the helpful hints that have prepared us for what we are about to encounter. Thank you both!

We also thank the clergy team at UUMC for taking our entire congregation through "The Bible in 90 Days" this winter. Reading the Bible from start to finish in 90 days would be a blessing any time, but doing it right before visiting the lands of the patriarchs, David, the prophets, Jesus, the disciples and Paul was perfect timing. Charles and Will, thanks!!

We are also VERY grateful that Gaga (what her grandkids call my Mother!) is recovering so well after her total knee replacement surgery last week and is in the loving and capable care of my sister, Carol, and brother, Doug. With a week in the inpatient rehab at St. Tammany Parish Hospital and another couple of weeks of home rehab after that, I know that Gaga will be well on her way to recovery when we return. We love you, Gaga!

We'll miss all of our family, friends, colleagues and Maggie (our Springer Spaniel) while we're gone, but we'll share some of our experiences throughout the trip by way of this blog. May God richly bless all of you! See you when we return!

Advertisement



10th May 2012

Bon Voyage!
Enjoy yourselves and don't worry about work. We will miss you but promise to behave and play well with others. LoL

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb