Coca-Cola in the USA!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
March 17th 2006
Published: March 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

COKE101COKE101COKE101

Exhibit A: Coca-Cola can.
The Coca-Cola Report!

As far as taste, it tastes the same as back home. its possibly a little sweeter but that may be influenced by the food I have been eating.

However the shape of the cans are different. As you can see in my photo the top of the can tappers off at a sharper angle and the mouth hole is larger. This shape is more streamline, shaving milli-seconds off the time it takes to get a can from the table to my mouth. And the larger hole allows more to fill my mouth.

A very popular drink in Texas that I have taken a strong liking to is Ice Tea. It tastes like regular tea but with ice. That may sound stupid to you and it did to me but its grown on me to the point where I will order it over coke with a meal.

When you order soft drinks and tea over here the glass is bottomless, you get free refills at every place you eat, The waitress keeps commming around to fill up your glass.

Other soft drinks that are popular over here are Dr Pepper and Big Red. They taste like Cherry Coke YUCK!



Advertisement



6th April 2006

It is different
Do you know why the Coke in the US tastes different? It's because of the Iowa Presidential Caucus. In case you don't know, candidates for the Presidency must be elected by the members of their political party before they can run for president. One of the first states to hold this election is Iowa. Since getting out to an early lead is critical, the politicians from both parties love to promote subsidies for corn. So what do you do with the resulting surplus corn crop? You make High Fructose Corn Syrup which because of the subsidies is cheaper than regular sugar.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb