Day 33 - San Antonio


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
January 6th 2006
Published: January 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Looked around San Antonio on this bright sunny day. The main attraction is The Alamo, visited by millions of Americans every year. This is the place where the Texans bravely defended to the death against a Mexican invasion.

We walked along a section of the famous San Antonio riverwalk which is lined with expensive touristy restaurants and bars, plus many ornate buildings and sculptures, although the river was having it's annual draining and dredging while we were there, it looked more like a mud pit.

While we were looking for some groceries (San Antonio only has one general store in downtown), we decided to rescue a cute bear from the Walgreen's drugstore to accompany us on our travels. We named him Sandy, because of his colour and place of origin. Clever eh?


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

We acquired a new travelling companionWe acquired a new travelling companion
We acquired a new travelling companion

Introducing 'Sandy' the bear, rescued from the evil Walgreen's drugstore.


1st February 2006

Alamo
The invasion was the other way around... if you look at it... It all depends on the outcome of who won... Funny how things work out..
2nd February 2006

I'm afraid all the historical 'fact' we have to go on is the patriotic American video we were fed in the Alamo :-)

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.5kb