Last Things


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
May 13th 2018
Published: May 13th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Last week, Week 15, we had our Directed retreat and, consequently there was no blog post. Since then, however, there has been a flurry of activity. It seems that for this group the retreat was a highlight and an excellent way to bring together all that has been happening ‘on the inside’. I was delighted to be able to continue to work with Janet, my spiritual director these last four months. Before retreat began I was able to return hospitality to Germaine, Helen’s friend, for her kindness to me in SA. As Annette had to leave early it was good to share lunch with her as well. Being in Texas, lunch had to be at a Tex-Mex eatery! Another highlight this week was an invitation to meet the well-known and highly respected Marianist process theologian, Fr Bernard Lee. I came across a reference to him recently, while reading the account of the LCWR Enquiry by the Vatican. (It was Bernard Lee whose dialogic community process provided the method employed.) One of our participants arranged the meeting, another blessing for me! Since retreat we have celebrated and feasted (one of the themes of sabbatical) in earnest. After this special liturgy, we had a festive brunch, followed the next evening by the Appreciation Dinner, at which presenters and sometimes their partners, joined us. On the final night we finished in grand style: firstly a special Eucharist, then a feast, such as one might expect from a very fine restaurant. However, this feast was prepared and served by our own very expert Food Services staff. Later that evening there were many sad goodbyes, as a number of participants were leaving on early flights next morning. The end has come very suddenly. We have engaged with biblical sabbath ‘ceasing, resting, embracing and feasting’ .... We have had the opportunity to be ‘personally, spiritually, and theologically renewed’. Now the mission continues ...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



13th May 2018

Wonderful
What a journey! Wonderful memories lots to ponder. Happy for you. ?

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb