Millard's Crossing, Nacogdoches, Texas USA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Nacogdoches
May 18th 2020
Published: May 21st 2020
Edit Blog Post

Millards CrossingMillards CrossingMillards Crossing

new property
Last week I visited Millard's Crossing Historic Village on North Street just North of the North Loop 224 at 6020 North Street in Nacogdoches. They were closed with their gate open so I stopped there only seeing the landscapers working there to keep the grounds looking nice.

Millard's Crossing Historic Village was a 37 acre site established by Lera Millard Tomas starting about in 1966 on family land where Lera Millard grew up. Lera Millard Thomas restored some old buildings (some from the 1850s) there; then had other buildings relocated there and had them restored, with old artifacts added also.

In April 2017 my only child Molly got married there at the old church. At that time the Millard's Crossing office was what I called the older office. The Nacogdoches North side flea market at the South fence was doing well then. Shortly afterwards the North Side flea market closed and later Millard's Crossing obtained that extra real estate with a new sign. They also changed to a newer office. They renovated the main building from the old flea market.

All the buildings were closed and locked, and I made no attempt to enter. My inside pics were from the windows with sun glare making strange reflections. I got better inside pics from putting my camera lense directly against the glass.

As I was leaving I spoke briefly to one landscaper and gave him an honest compliment on how the grounds there looked very nice. Then I visited the nearby railroad tracks from the first railroad to make it to Nacogdoches.

Completed


Additional photos below
Photos: 65, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

yellow buildingyellow building
yellow building

inside wagon
yellow buildingyellow building
yellow building

inside carrages
blue buildingblue building
blue building

bench seat
church insidechurch inside
church inside

2017 pic where daughter married


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb