Surviving Covid-19, Nacogdoches County, Texas USA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Nacogdoches
April 28th 2020
Published: April 28th 2020
Edit Blog Post

A few months ago most people did not know what a pandemic was, or how deadly it could become. Just common sense told me that the Corona virus could become a global pandemic with many sick and many would perish. A pandemic is an disease epidemic with a rapid spread that develops over a wide geologic area that affects a very high proportion of the population. Pandemics can and have spread world wide.

Few facts are understood about Covid-19, but this is my best understanding of the potential plague hazards. I think that Covid-19 can not last long floating free in air. The primary hazard is from infected persons coughing and sneezing virus infected mucus droplets, inhaled or from touching contaminated surfaces then touching their mouth or eyes. I think the Corona can infect somebody from a small exposed cut in the skin. The Corona virus is not an influenza virus.

Our "social distancing" keeps us six feet (or two Meters) apart. In still air a strong sneeze can float contaminated mucus over three meters away. In the open, a sneeze can infect a healthy person about fifty Kilo-Meters downwind from the source. (Floating virus contaminated mucus can live for days.)

Now the masks they show on our TV have a zero protection factor. It could contain much of an infected cough or sneeze mucus from an infected person. Anybody using a mask will find the contaminated mucus can go through or around the mask (including the N-95 mask). Now for any protection factor you would need a minimum of a half face respirator with HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) purple coloured filters. That combination would protect you from virus in mucus, bacteria, asbestos fibers, and radionuclides if you get a good seal on a clean shaven face. (A face shield should help for protection even with a good mask.) I choose to wear a bandana over my breathing zone to look like an old time western movie bandit. Still wearing a good protective mask can save countless human lives. (For some unknown reason donnie discourages the use of masks; and he promotes super-spreader needless events.)

While many people in the USA horded toilet paper, I added to my survival supplies including non perishable foods, good well water, drinks, fifteen liters of medicinal rum, meds, and disinfectants. Dry beans, long grained brown rice, and dehydrated fruits are
disinfectantsdisinfectantsdisinfectants

DO NOT INJECT INTO YOUR BODY
good inexpensive dry foods that can be stored without refrigeration.

When going into town for supplies I find the six foot "social distancing" observed. Most of the employees and about 50% of the customers wear a mask. I am the only person I see that wears protective gloves; and I often use five mil nitrile gloves.

I choose to make my stand at Walters Tree Farm (with exotic conifers and domestic fruit trees) at a small un-named community bordered with square miles of commercial pine tree farm that is not posted and is open to all; but few use that pine forest besides me.

Walter grows as much fruits and veggies as he can. Tomatoes and peppers are appearing on the plants now. The peppers are planted in three gallon pots cuz in winter they go into the heated tropical greenhouse where they can live and produce year round for up to three years.

Now the peach and nectarine trees get the "brown mold" going around East Texas and all the fruit rots before it gets ripe. Walter gets abundant flowers from those fruit trees that he harvested; then the flowers gets dehydrated as a non-perishable high energy food source. The dehydrated flowers go very well in Texas pan cakes and some baked foods. Walter also dehydrates meat loaf for a tasty food for later; that has a very long shelf life without rot.

In case of a major power failure Walter has about fifteen gallons of non-ethanol gasoline for his emergency generator. The generator has a small hand built locked shed cuz people like to steal generators. This generator unlocks the front and top for easy access. Also the generator has a permanent ground wire (frame to underground) to prevent a serious static electrical shock when touched.

We can cook food & coffee with the propane stove. Walter uses the abundant wood supply for heating and open fire cooking. The Smoky Smoker is used to cook meats, corn, and taters.

Now the Covid-19 maybe had its first peak in much of the USA, and maybe not in Texas. This is hard to understand cuz of intentional dis-information from federal, state, and local government seen on our TV NEWS.

The economy needs serious help and Texas and other States are easing restrictions that could cause a second wave of infections with a higher mortality rate. (Jobs are not necessary for those that parish.)

"Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it". People should learn from the past. This applies to unnecessary wars and the Spanish Flu pandemic.

Discussion: This information is from the Wikipedia story on the (1918) Spanish Flu. That H1N1 influenza virus was named after the serious illness of King Alfonso XIII of Spain. The geographic origin was most likely to have started else-ware in Europe. There were other locations in the USA, China, and else-ware in the world that were rumored to be the origin of that virus. That bit of insanity we call "World War One" was a major factor in the spread and mortality of the of that viral pandemic; that probably started before 1918. The soldiers were subject to overcrowding, very poor hygiene, malnourishment, stress, and chemical attacks that destroyed the lungs; all weakened their immune systems. There could have been up to five hundred million people infected. Estimated death totals range from 25 to as much as 100 million lost. (These totals are still widely disputed.) Other factors were the dis-information from the governments and their failure to take preventive measures. (donnie still calls the facts "fake news".) In 1918 people were told to take very high doses of aspirin for virus treatment. Many people died from aspirin poisoning. (donnie's worst dis-information on Corona is telling us to ingest or inject toxic disinfectants into our bodies to kill the virus. True, the disinfectants in the body will kill the virus...about ten minutes after it kills us!) I will not inject sodium hypochlorite into my body. It is most likely the Spanish Flu started by 1917, with sources estimating the start as early as 1915. When an infected person coughs or sneezes more then a half million virus particles are expelled in hundreds of mucus droplets. The H1N1 virus can kill by causing hemorrhage and edema in the lungs. Most of the fatalities are caused by bacterial pneumonia. (I think that is true for the Corona virus also.) The first wave of the Spanish Flu was in 1917-1918. The virus mutated to a more deadly form in late 1918; causing the more deadly second wave, with October 1918 had the highest fatality rate of the pandemic. (Part of that problem was from aspirin poisoning as people complied with the US Surgeon General's advice
gardengardengarden

tomatoes & squash
to take large doses of aspirin.) The third wave (January to June 1919) was less deadly then the second wave, but plenty deadly. The fourth wave in 1920 had low mortality. The mortality rates from the four waves of infections were due to mutations of the virus.

Commentary: We need real information from our leaders and less BS. If we protect ourselves we will protect others. The Spanish Flu is different from Covid-19; but can mutate for unexpected results, including new waves of deadly infection. If we were to lose our power grid we would be lost. Be safe and always protect your selves. Good luck!

Afterthought: I have travel in my blood. I am doing travel to nearby Texas counties in a responsible manor.

New Commentary: I thought that our Federal and State response to Covid-19 was very stupid. Now I think our response to Corona is ludicrous! According to CNN, we are leveling off to a 1000 person fatality rate per day. We have over 160,000 dead; more than any other country on Earth. That does not count our dead from other medical problems cuz they can not get admitted to the hospital. This is unacceptable. Our dis-information-in-chief donnie is causing us harm; especially ordering our schools to open and ignoring the warnings from our top medical experts. In Texas, ab-butt has our schools opening...without extra funding to handle this crisis. The public schools are doing everything possible to keep the children safe. The children are mostly not using the masks provided, or keeping the two meter distance. So many children ride the bus to school. The bus driver has to carefully drive the children to school, and has no time to keep the masks on or enforce the two Meter rule. This is a medical bomb ready to explode the plague. True, children have a better immune system then the adults. Children's mortality is not zero. The children can spread Covid-19 to their parents and grand parents; that would have a lesser immune system and would have a higher mortality rate. In ethical terms, I think the dis-information is mass murder.

More Commentary: I know that things are getting much worse here in Texas. November 3, 2020 may be a key date for human civilization! Strange the inside bars are open to the public while safer outdoor events are closed.

Note: It is my humble opinion that our President must take an hour to read the Constitution of the United states before taking office. He (or she) should understand Article II section 1 about the president Oath of Affirmation to defend the Constitution of the United States. Also included is Article II about the President being removed from office including for treason. Also included is Amendment I dealing with the freedom of speech, freedom of the press, and the right for peaceably assembly. Also including Amendment XV section 1 dealing with the right of citizens of the US to vote.

Please vote! Vote early to avoid the long lines of people that could expose you to Corona. In Texas early voting is available at your County Courthouse Oct. 13 through Oct. 30, 2020.

Please pray or meditate with your deity as we all need help!

Extra Commentary: Now it appears that donnie is talking about a Covid-19 vaccine available to the public before Nov. 3, 2020. Medical science tells us that it will take another full year of trials to prove a vaccine is effective and safe to be used by the population. Side effects of an unproven
gardengardengarden

later pic
vaccine can be worse than the virus. I think that donnie will be willing to sacrifice all of us to steal another election. I think that donnie jerk turd is full of horse poop!

Newest Commentary: Well, karma finally came to donnie (our denier in chief) who finally caught Conora. Since donnie is the "best and smartest in history"; he should follow his own advice and drink a gallon of sodium hypochlorite to cure his infection and cure the population of the USA from his horrible mis-management. Covid-19 is not a hoax. Our fascist-in-chief has no right to use the Constitution of the US as toilet paper!!!

Final Commentary: Since my truck has cruz control, should not the State of Texas have cruz control? January 20, 2021 was a major set back for lucifer, but not a defeat. We must stand on guard for the satanic forces that seek to destroy our human civilization.

Completed


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 29


Advertisement

gardengarden
garden

later pic
gardengarden
garden

later pic
gardengarden
garden

July, 2020 pic
electric generatorelectric generator
electric generator

just right of porch


29th April 2020

Great blog
Yes, I support that and I have necessary storage too.
30th April 2020

Thanks Sandra
I have much more work to do on this blog. Be Safe!

Tot: 0.238s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.115s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb