Welcome to our Blog


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Lockhart
October 11th 2017
Published: October 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to our newest blog on our Portuguese Camino from Lisbon, Portugal to Santiago de Compostela, Spain. I hope to post daily, but might not be able to - depends on if and when we have internet access. We leave this coming Saturday, October 14th, flying from Austin to Lisbon. Our walk will be approximately 375 miles (shorter this time!) and should take us 30-35 days, depending on how many rest and sightseeing days we take. We'll be in Lisbon for 4 days and start walking on the 19th. Sometime around November 21st we hope to make it to Santiago and after a couple of days rest will visit Madrid, Lourdes and Paris, and return on December 7th.



Why, you may ask, are we doing this again, after having walked the Camino Frances just a year and a half ago? I wish I could tell you. I just know there is something that draws us back. Maybe it's the knowledge that we can leave our worries behind, carry everything we need on our backs, our only concerns where we will eat and sleep that night.

Please keep us in your prayers for courage, stamina and safety. If you have any special prayer requests let us know, and we will pray for you too.

Advertisement



11th October 2017

You can count on our prayers
Dear Charlie & Mary, We will definitely keep you in our prayers. We wish you Bon Voyage! Have a beautiful trip. May your guardian angels be with you every step of the way. All our love, Don & Mary
12th October 2017

Buen Camino
Your comment resonates with my husband and I. We completed our first Camino Frances this year (May 5 - June 21, 2017), and cannot wait to return...it's just calling us back! Planning on walking the Camino Portuguese in September, 2018. Very excited to read about your experiences. Buen Camino and many blessings!
12th October 2017

Buen viaje!!
Váyanse con Dios, Mary y Charlie!! ?
24th October 2017

You go guys! Proud of you. Safe travels.

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb