Kerrville, Texas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Kerrville
May 10th 2014
Published: May 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Coach @ BuckhornCoach @ BuckhornCoach @ Buckhorn

Here is our site at Buckhorn. I really took it from the wrong side so you can't see much but it is a nice big site.
Yee haw! We are in the Texas hill country and loving it. Got here on Wednesday and will be leaving this area tomorrow. We are staying at Buckhorn RV Resort in Kerrville where we have stayed at least 3 times. We really like this place. It is centrally located to places that we like to visit and the resort is beautiful. We went to Fredericksburg yesterday and walked the town and had lunch. It was a great relaxing day. Today we drove around Kerrville and had lunch at the Mexican place we like. We then took a little drive into Ingram which sits along the Guadalupe River. There were thunderstorms here today which made for an interesting day. The rain blew out all of the humidity so it turned out to be a pleasant day.

Tomorrow we are back on the road to travel a whole 110 miles to San Marcos. From there we will do day trips to San Antonio and Austin. It is so fun and relaxing to just be taking our time. The pictures that I am posting are from the RV park here and then there is one of the deer that are EVERYWHERE around this area. Don is in heaven!

Hope all is well with everyone. Talk soon! 😊K


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Windmill @ BuckhornWindmill @ Buckhorn
Windmill @ Buckhorn

This is the entrance to the resort.
Casitas @ BuckhornCasitas @ Buckhorn
Casitas @ Buckhorn

These are Casitas that people have built to park their coaches by. They stay in their coaches and just party and hang out in these "little shacks". They are quite elaborate and beautiful.
Pavillion @ BuckhornPavillion @ Buckhorn
Pavillion @ Buckhorn

This is the pavilion at the resort. It is in the center of the resort and has a big BBQ. It is a fun little center of activity.
Water site @ BuckhornWater site @ Buckhorn
Water site @ Buckhorn

This is a water site for rent at the resort.
Water sites @ BuckhornWater sites @ Buckhorn
Water sites @ Buckhorn

Looking over the little stream to the casitas.
Deer near BuckhornDeer near Buckhorn
Deer near Buckhorn

A field of deer that we saw just down the road from the resort.
Shut the Duck TowelShut the Duck Towel
Shut the Duck Towel

This picture is for my buddy Reta. Hey Sissy, look what I found! Now I have a towel to match my coffee mug. They only had 1 otherwise I would have got you one too. Love you honey!


10th May 2014

STDU
Laughing. We have several momentos. After you left AZ, I started using my palm tree wine glass that I forgot about. Jim called Don at his BD. We have been wondering about you guys. We are leaving Monday. xoxo
10th May 2014

Good to finally hear from y'all
Hi Guys..Just got blogs today! Wondered what was up. Glad you are on your way. Kerrville looks like a great place to visit. Someday we will be there with OUR coach!!!! Happy Mothers day to you my friend.....
10th May 2014

Your kind of place!
Hey guys! You guys would absolutely LOVE this area. It is bike riding heaven. There are a lot of great places to eat and hang out too. We wish we could spend more time here but we will be back. Heck, maybe with you guys! Look up on the Internet Alamo Springs Cafe in Comfort, Tx. I think you will find it is your kind of place and there are many more like that around here plus nice joints too where they play live music and all. We are heading to the Austin, San Antonio area right now. It is fun too. Happy Mother's Day to you too friend. Our furry friends count as kids right? Lol.

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb