Houston TX


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Houston
September 28th 2010
Published: September 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tue 21st Sept- Houston TX- Headed downtown on the tram and went to the visitors center and then went to historic society museum. Also went up the Wells Fargo Tower to the 58th floor viewing platform and looked out over the city and then went up the Chase tower to the 65th floor for a different view. Also shopped around Main street and picked up some bargains in Macy's.

Wed 22nd Sept- Got up early and caught the tram downtown to then catch the 8.45am bus to NASA space center. We were the first people to arrive and the first people on the tram tour where you got to go to NASA mission control where the famous words- Houston we have a problem- were heard and many space missions were co-ordinated including the moon landing, also got to see the training facility where potential astronauts train with equipment and went to rocket park and saw a real life space shuttle. Back at the center watched video's, movies and listened to talks about being in space and NASA. Really good day.

Thurs 23rd Sept- Visited the Houston Museum of Art and the medical science museum which was aimed at kids but great fun. Then had a pancake night at the hostel.




Additional photos below
Photos: 63, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb