spending money and packing


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Houston
May 23rd 2007
Published: May 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

so packing and such is pretty hectic. i feel like i'm spending more money now than i will once we're over there in europe. i thought i would write an entry to introduce myself. i'm meggen, one fourth of this crazy traveling quartet. i've spent most of my childhood summers traveling to exotic places with family, but i've never struck out on my own or with friends...especially not out of the country. i've always wanted to backpack through Europe, but i always thought that it would be too expensive. my parents really encourage traveling, though, because they've always loved it. i love new experiences and foods and cultures and languages--everything that has anything to do with traveling. i'm a chemist and a cook and a citizen of the world...this trip is going to change my life forever and solidify my love for all of these things. i'm VERY excited to be taking this journey with three of my best friends, and i kinda want to leave right now...even though i haven't packed anything yet.

i fly out in almost exactly a week from this moment. i fly from Houston to Newark to Dublin. i get into Dublin at 6:55 am and wait for a few hours for the other girls to show up. today i got an email from a friend of mine who is already in Dublin for a few days, and he said that they had a blast. right now i'm freaking out about packing the proper clothes for the range of weather we will be experiencing. we'll see how this works out. for now, that is all. i just wanted to introduce myself and my purposes to those who may read this blog.

Advertisement



3rd June 2007

Rachel's luggage
Hey Rachel, Was wondering whether or not your luggage ever caught up to you? Hope you girls are having fun! Be safe, take a lot of pictures! Rachel's Dad

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb