Ever have one of those days........


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » El Paso
May 2nd 2014
Published: May 3rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today was one of those days when nothing seemed to go as planned. We started out in Lordsburg, NM getting up bright and early so that we could go to breakfast before we hit the road. Little did we know that we had hit the time change so instead of it being 8:30 it was 9:30 after we were seated for breakfast which didn't bode well for an early start. Oh well. Then we had a choice of two ways to go to the Carlsbad Caverns. We decided to go through Las Cruces instead of El Paso because we hadn't been there before. Well we got to Alamagordo and the road that we needed to take over to Carlsbad had NUMEROUSsigns forbidding trucks or vehicles or 60 ft from traveling on this road. There was a weight limit too which Don said we exceeded also. He did stop at a repair shop to ask them what they thought and they told us they wouldn't recommend us going over the mountain as it is very steep and curvy. Soooo, we turned around and went to El Paso, which added about 120 miles to our route, and that is where we are tonight. The RV park was also hard to find as there has been an overpass built since my book was published so it was one of those, "I see it right the honey but I don't know how to get there." times. We finally figured it out and got here but believe me it wasn't easy.

Tomorrow, Lord willing, we will make it to Carlsbad. I sure hope those caverns are worth all this! I will be posting pictures.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb