Arya's First Flight


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Cleburne
June 3rd 2015
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

We decided to do a morning flight, hoping Arya would sleep for most of it. I read every blog and website I could find on how to ensure as smooth a flight as possible with an infant. I pored through airline regulations on luggage, and baby supply carry-ons. We debated, but not too much actually, on whether or not to get Arya her own seat or just hold her. We paid for her own seat because everything we read said that was the only safe option. I mean- you don't hold in children in your car while driving, why would a plane be different? That morning we kept her bundled in PJs, brought lots of toys and snacks, and mostly just prayed. Prayed we could entertain an infant an entire flight, prayed she wouldn't get her ears clogged and scream, prayed anyone sitting nearby had a sense of humor. We were rewarded. She was so good the entire flight, and she slept for a good chunk of it.

Next leg of the trip was a little over an hour drive from Dallas to Cleburne. We were staying at Chris' dad's house. Arya got to meet her grandpa and Auntie Aileen for the first time! =D


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Playing with Everyone in the Bathroom LinePlaying with Everyone in the Bathroom Line
Playing with Everyone in the Bathroom Line

This is a boss mom tip, btw. Sit at the back of the plane. Baby and passengers entertain each other in line. And if you need the bathroom, it's RIGHT THERE.


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb