Museums and hot women


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Austin » Hill Country
January 29th 2008
Published: January 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

BreakfastBreakfastBreakfast

The infamous Cracker Barrel Country Boy Breakfast, which has brought many a good man down and put him into a non-recoverable food coma.
Today we actually had a full day of checking out Austin. Got up at a respectable time in the morning and went out to breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. Man, those guys know how to throw down on their breakfasts! I ordered the "Country Boy" breakfast and couldn't finish it. Look at that photo! They should use that for one of those eating contests - "And our winner in the Cracker Barrel Country Boy Breakfast Eating Contest is Big Gut Billy Bob with two Country Boy Breakfasts eaten - a new record! The reigning champ, Garbage Disposal Greg, ate one and one quarter!".

After breakfast we tried to find a camera repair shop using my Garmins GPS. It sent us to some residential areas, and since I didn't want to go knocking on Billy Bob's front door and say "Excuse me, I sure am sorry to interrupt your lunch, but would you fix my camera? Oh, and I'll take one of them turkey sandwiches if ya'll don't mind...", we decided to put that off and drove to downtown Austin.

We went to the Bob Bullock Texas Museum. It is located on the Forty Acres (which is the University of
The Bob Bullock MuseumThe Bob Bullock MuseumThe Bob Bullock Museum

From the outside
Texas' campus) a couple blocks away from the state capitol. It was a nice building, and it had a lot of history of Texas inside of it. Funny thing is that it was three different floors of exhibits, but really you could have fit it all on one floor. Lots of talk of "Texans kicked Mexico's ass!" and "Texas! We got them oil things here" and "Texas! It's big here!". (Don't ask me what "it" is, apparently everything is bigger in Texas, from the breakfasts to the distance you can drive through West Texas and wonder how anyone could live here.) All kidding aside, it was a cool museum, check out the photos.

After that (and a trip to the University of Texas Co-Op store to look at everything you could ever want with a Longhorns emblem on it), we drove by the river so we could see Stevie Ray Vaughn. There, a few feet from where the water was flowing by, stood the statue of the greatest guitarist of all time. So we took a couple photos, and then headed out for some dinner.

Drove over to Bone Daddy's. Guys, I gotta tell you that Hooters is
Skeleton in Bob Bullock MuseumSkeleton in Bob Bullock MuseumSkeleton in Bob Bullock Museum

Found in the 1600's - scientists say this man may have died after eating the Cracker Barrel Country Boy Breakfast.
second class compared to this place. Not only were the women wayyyy more desirable, but the food was gasp good! I took a photos with a few of the waitresses, but it was a polaroid and I have to find a way to scan it and add it, so check back for that photo later.

Plans for tomorrow include driving by some of the lakes, having dinner with Gary's parents, and whatever else we get into.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

How The War Between Mexico and Texas startedHow The War Between Mexico and Texas started
How The War Between Mexico and Texas started

See that tiny little pea-shooter cannon? The Mexicans let the Texans (before there was a Texas) borrow it. When the Mexicans came back for it, the Texans said "Screw you!" and starting shooting at them...and that is how the war started. There would have been no Alamo if the Texans had given back the tools they borrowed from their neighbors.
PlanePlane
Plane

This is the only way to see West Texas.
On the third floorOn the third floor
On the third floor

It is a nice looking place, even if you could fit everything on one floor.
Texas State CapitolTexas State Capitol
Texas State Capitol

Nice, and very capitol-like looking building. Looks great as far as capitols go.
Underground, State CapitolUnderground, State Capitol
Underground, State Capitol

Not sure where this went (I was at ground level looking in), but it's cool.
Inside the Capitol DomeInside the Capitol Dome
Inside the Capitol Dome

Looking straight up
Me n' Stevie RayMe n' Stevie Ray
Me n' Stevie Ray

Greatest guitarist ever - I asked him for some guitar lessons...he's thinking about it.
Me and the girld of Bone Daddy'sMe and the girld of Bone Daddy's
Me and the girld of Bone Daddy's

This was my dream come true.


30th January 2008

Dude
I want that breakfest, no Bob Evans yet?
30th January 2008

Bob Evans
Nope, unfortunately none around...will have to wait until later on the trip.
30th January 2008

Chowder!!!
Looks like your having a good time.. Hmmm That breakfast looks good.... Take care

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb