Heading Home


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Amarillo
April 6th 2017
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 35.2072, -101.834

We left Decatur this morning and drove just to Amarillo for the night. We will make it the rest of the way home tomorrow. We were in Childress at lunchtime so we stopped in at Top Notch Texas BBQ. This was the third time that we have been there, but it was the first time that it has been busy. The other times there were only one or two tables besides us. Now we have a favorite restaurant in Childress. Never thought about being able to say that. I have a favorite in Boyd, too. I may make special plans to go back through Boyd so we can eat at gogogumbo again on another trip to Dallas.

When we checked into the Homewood Suites, we were given a room that had a strong and irritating odor. The front desk clerk called a few minutes after we got to the room to see if everything was okay. They do that sometimes, but not at every location. I wonder if the maintenance man told the desk clerk about the foul smell. I told him that I wasn't sure we could get used to the smell, and he offered to move us. He sent the maintenance man up with keys to a room down the hall a few doors. It was fine. The maintenance man told me that he had used Febreeze in the room. Ironic that the thing that was supposed to make the room smell better was exactly what made it smell bad. I hope they don't rent that room to someone else. It needs a day or two to air out.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb