Meeting a New Brother


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Decatur
April 5th 2017
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 33.2342, -97.5858

Today we left Mount Pleasant and drove to Decatur for the night. Phil had chatted with Gary through Facebook and email before we left home and made arrangements to meet him and his wife for dinner.

Gary is the adopted son of Phil's biological father. At least, we think so with a very high degree of certainty. All the other men in the DNA line that matches Phil have been eliminated so it must be him barring any other people who were not known to the family. There is always that possibility. Phil's biological father had no other natural children to test so we cannot be 100% sure, but it certainly seems like we have found the right person. Gary describes his dad in much the same way that Jane described him, too.

We had a great time visiting with Gary and Candi. They came to our hotel to pick us up to drive to one of their favorite restaurants which is in Boyd just south of Decatur. The dinner at gogogumbo was just great, and the company and fun getting to know them even better.

After stuffing ourselves with Cajun food, Gary and Candi took us back to the hotel. What a nice night. I hope we are able to see them more.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb