The rather large big state of everything big


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Amarillo
June 5th 2011
Published: June 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Another fine day in Merri-can land and we are having a fine and dandy time ya'll, seeing the sights, smelling the food, pondering, contemplating...our very next move.
Texas was and is a pretty fine place if we do say so ourselves, approaching Cadillac ranch us two cowboys hopped out to literally did the Cadillac ranch next to some upside down painted up Cadillacs and generally make some asses of ourselves, not to be pretentious or anything.
Right now we sit in the cheapest motel for two in Amarillo, Amarillo reminds me somewhat of an Armadillo so I shall pretend that they first lived here. I'm sure of it.
There are practically one hundred religious channels of preacher men preaching, which is a great tool to keep Bryce massaging my sore and weary back after much hardship, if he doesn't the farting preacher will again commence on the little box.
Yesterday Bryce failed to meet the challenge at the big Texan of the 72oz steak meal, free if eaten with its side of failure salad, black baked potato and shrimp cocktails- we were lucky enough to watch the showdown of a man from Oh hi oh, timer set for one hour and it was in fact mission accomplished- 72$ meal free, and bragging rights, and he got to sit on the kings chair while devouring the whole cow on his plate. The big Texan is kind of like the base camp for Man vs. Food....huge plates, huge meals, huge appetites all around. Bryce had his 18oz steak- Kind of like the McValue meal at 20 bucks and I had a Burger bun with onions and mushrooms, which surprisingly was delicious. For a burger with no burger of course.
We took many pictures, and were even serenaded to a song about a Mexican lover by a ranch man who clearly knew his way on the gii tar. There is a fair bit to see through Texas, and today we head off to San Antonio, stopping off at the Palo Duro Canyon, which has a museum showcasing over 3 million artifacts and a replica pioneer town set back in the 19th century. wowow.
Stay healthy wealthy and wise.
- Tarryn and Bryce


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb