Grand Ole Opryland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Nashville
July 10th 2015
Published: July 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.1682, -86.7772

93 degrees
O miles
1 new tire
1 plantation building
4 hours poolside
3 poolside burgers
?? sunburns
12 Country Entertainers
5 VIP backstage passes
1 set of drumstix

We started the morning with a stroll around the property. You will get lost here. It is a maze of really cool atriums, water features, plantations, boats, etc. The kids love this place, especially Ben. The people who work here are so nice too. Paul went to get the tire fixed this morning which he said was easy peasy. He's a good man Charlie Brown.

We spent the entire day poolside having fruity drinks and burgers and swimming. It was HOT. I never go in the water. I was in 80% of the time. The water was warm too, so that helped. I could stay here another day. We showered and got ready for our Country Singing Extravaganza tonight. The Grand Ole Opry here we come.

What a fun night. We had VIP backstage access at the Grand Ole Opry. We aren't really country fans but what a fun night. We actually got to sit onstage to watch the entertainers perform. When we first sat down, we were sitting behind the curtain and behind all of the instruments. When the curtains went up, we were sitting in front of a huge audience. Crazy. Weird at first. Paul and Matthew got up to walk around for a minute. We could wander around the backstage hallways past dressing rooms and singers. Matthew came back with some drumsticks one of the drummers gave him. So cool. We wandered a bit and walked past Vince Gill and a singer name Cam. While we were sitting in the "Green Room" (I think), artists would walk through. JT Hodges passed through a couple of times. I was hoping to get a picture for my sister in law, Melissa. She told me he sings a song called Ray-bans. After his set, he walked back through and Paul asked him if we could get a picture with him. Yay. So cool.

A friend of Paul's brother, Pete, works at GOO and hooked us up backstage and took us personally on a tour of all the sound rooms, video rooms and cool stuff like that while the show was going on. He was so nice. We finished watching the show backstage. It was a really cool experience.

Saturday, we are on the road home. Done! Another 10 states. Whew. What a great time. Can't wait for next year. Fun times.





Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



11th July 2015

Stud!!!
11th July 2015

This is a GREAT picture!!!
11th July 2015

Who Dat?? New Orleans rubbed off on you!!! Great Picture Ben!!!
12th July 2015

Incredible! Amazing!

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0873s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb