Gaylord Opryland Resort


Advertisement
Published: June 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Went to pick up our tickets to Friday nights Grand Old Opry show this morning. The Gaylord Opryland Resort is right next door. We didn't get a change to tour the resort when we were in Nashville last year so we decided this was a must see for this visit. The Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center is the largest convention hotel in the world, outside of Las Vegas. The hotel covers an area of 52 acres and the resort staff consists of 96 different Nationalities. The hotel was built in four different phases starting in 1977. The first phase (Magnolia) consisted of 600 guest rooms. When completed in 1996 the resort consisted of 2881 guestrooms. The Garden Conservatory was completed in 1983 as part of Phase 2. Phase 3, The Cascades, was completed in 1988 and includes the main registration lobby. The Garden Conservatory atrium convers and area of approximately 2 acres with a constant temperature of 71 degrees. There are approximately 50,000 plants in the atrium with 7,000 of them being tropical plants. Phase 4, the Delta, was completed in 1996 and at that time was the largest construction project ever completed in the state of Tennessee. There is a 1/4 mile river inside this atrium. The Delta river contains 394,474 gallons of water and is 2 1/2 feet deep. The Delta river is a blend of water from 1700 different lakes and waterways throughout the United States. Approximately 22 of them are in Arizona. We were surprised to see that the Delta contained water from Lake Pleasant. The resort is beautiful with numerous waterfalls, Chandeliers, Grand Staircases, and numerous shops and restaurants throughout the resort.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Garden ConservatoryGarden Conservatory
Garden Conservatory

Nice looking couple!!


3rd June 2013

Looks beautiful, and yes, that is a nice looking couple!
4th June 2013

Love TN.
Hi Jim, The Gaylord is beautiful! its good to see your blog again! Your not to far from where we recently moved! I am living in Knoxville Tn. Now. Been here since last summer. We love it here! If you have a chance if you haven\'t already, you guys need to hit East Tn! The sights are endless! Pigeon Forge/Garlinburg, The Smokeys, The Appalacians, Blue Ridge, Asheville, NC. I love it all! Best Wishes on your travels! Annie

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb