Nashville, TN


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Nashville
November 7th 2012
Published: November 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

TellurideTellurideTelluride

Al and Andy
Saturday Nov. 3rd - Left Telluride today, bound for Nashville. After a quick stop at a natural hot spring, we buckled down for a long day of driving. We stopped for a late lunch/early dinner at the Frontier Restaurant, across from the University of New Mexico campus in Albuquerque. It had been featured on an episode of Man vs. Food. Cheap, delicious, and filling😊 Drove long into the night, making it into Oklahoma before pulling over for a nap, which was an hour longer thanks to daylight savings.

Sunday Nov. 4th - Woke up early and pressed on for Tennessee. We arrived in Nashville right around dinner time, and Allison's cousin Sam, his wife Brynn, and their 8 month old daughter Freya took us out to their favorite dinner spot. Afterwards Sam showed us around downtown. Everywhere we went there was live music (which is true pretty much every night), and drunk Chicago Bears fans (an unfortunate consequence of the Titans losing a home game earlier in the day). We settled on a blues club in the historic Printers Alley. The band there played some great songs, including a blues cover of Marvin Gaye's "Let's get it on".

Monday
TellurideTellurideTelluride

Allison enjoying the view from Geneva's roof
Nov. 5th - Today we decided to look up another disc golf course. We found an 18 hold course in Cedar Hill Park, just north of Nashville. It was a great course, similar to ones in Seattle or Santa Cruz with it's wooded and hilly layout. We both preferred it to the courses in Arizona that were all flat, open, and littered with water hazards. After disc golf we went to see Resident Evil 5 at a $2 theatre we found on the smart phone. It was terrible. Later we picked up Indian Food for dinner (Sam's treat) while Sam and Brynn put Freya down for the night. After dinner we sat around the living room talking and watching their 4 cats chase laser pointers and bouncy balls.

Tuesday Nov. 6th - Got a couple picture with Freya for the blog, then said our goodbyes and headed for Florida. I tracked the election results on the smart phone while Allison drove, until we got too tired and spent the night in the parking lot of a Georgia Wall-Mart.

Wednesday Nov. 7th - Awoke to find Obama still in the White House. We got into Jacksonville this morning, and
Baby Freya!Baby Freya!Baby Freya!

Allison, Andy, and the cutest baby EVER
found a laundromat and a hotel. Tommorrow we begin the less fun task of finding some seasonal jobs and a temporary living situation. We plan on living in Florida through December, then heading up to NY where school will start for Allison in mid January.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Hot Springs in COHot Springs in CO
Hot Springs in CO

Geneva told us about a secret hot spring
Blues Band in NashvilleBlues Band in Nashville
Blues Band in Nashville

Andy listening to live music
Nashville, TNNashville, TN
Nashville, TN

Al and Andy in front of LP field
Nashville, TNNashville, TN
Nashville, TN

Al with an Elvis statue
Albuquerque, New MexicoAlbuquerque, New Mexico
Albuquerque, New Mexico

We ate at the fast food place that was featured on the tv show Man vs Food


9th November 2012

hope you get this...
Hi guys, Andy, you said that it seemed the comments weren't getting through, or at least you hadn't seen any. I hope you get this, cause we just want to say hi and we love you!!! Nashville looks really cool and I agree, that is (one of) the cutest babies ever, since you were a baby! She is adorable. Good luck with the job hunt. I have my ladies coming over tomorrow and we'll be praying! (Laura, Suzan and Mary). Love mom/Linda
14th November 2012

Cousin says Hello!
Hi guys! Older cousin from good old Skagit county just wanting to say we're so happy for the two of you taking on such a fun adventure! We love you and look forward to more updates. Love Jenny, Mike, Thomas & Jillian. Ps, if you miss WA & need a picture update we have a shutterfly webpage for family - if anything it will give you a good laugh as we are living with a teenager & pre-teen - they are always in for a good photo op! Mjtjnelson.shutterfly.com. Happy Travels!

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb