Ready to Roll...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Nashville
September 21st 2018
Published: September 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Nashville International Airport


This will be (hopefully) a fun rendition of our first trip to England—with an overlap of some sites in Scotland that we saw last year. The title I have chosen is just because we fell in love with Eeyore in the movie “Christopher Robin” this summer and loved this quote. We think it is funny. Here’s hoping we will have a more positive trip than Eeyore would likely have!

When we learned last year that British Airlines was going to begin non-stop service between Nashville and Heathrow Airport in London, England we decided that might be a fun way to make another trip overseas. Against our usual method of travel which CAN consist of simply saying: “Hey...that sounds like fun!” and hitting the road—we broke tradition and made our reservations in May. It really is unbelievable how quickly the time has flown since then. Of course, those of you who “traveled” with us on our blog for five weeks this past summer know we did manage to pass our time quite well!

At any rate, we are now at Nashville International waiting for our 8:20 PM flight to Heathrow, where we will be arriving at 10:30 AM local time.our journey through customs was amazingly easy...two minutes tops. We are hoping our experience at Heathrow will be reasonably easy too...stay tuned! After our arrival, deplaning, customs, and baggage pickup at Heathrow, we will proceed to the pick up point, meet our transfer agent, and travel to Windsor, England. We will be arriving one day early for our tour in order to “face plant” Saturday evening (probably early!!) and hopefully quickly become acclimated to the time difference.

I am hoping to post daily, but that will depend on availability of WiFi and enough time myself to put a post together. Also, right now I do not plan to leave my phone on for calls for a few different reasons. One is that with the time difference, there is a limited amount of time where actually talking on the phone wo be falling at a good time. I will use it for my camera and also have it on WiFi anytime I have a signal. The tour company says that we will have a WiFi signal on the coach. If that is true, all you will need to do to get in contact is to text/iMessage/or email us

As per usual...if any of you on this blog address list prefer not to get the post—please just email me and let me know. It is easy-peasy to delete an address and I would be happy to do so if you wish. If not...then let’s get ready to roll and we hope you enjoy the trip!

PS—Please remember that we ALWAYS enjoy any comments that you make. We have been told that all of you enjoy getting our blogs. I can assure you that we thoroughly enjoy getting your comments/thoughts/and suggestions also.

Advertisement



22nd September 2018

Hopefully?
Despite your less than enthusiastic introductory sentence to this blog, I am very excited to see what you will get to see while there. Have a great trip!
22nd September 2018

Looking forward to visiting all the exciting places with you two. Enjoy your trip!
22nd September 2018

Have big fun!
You are enjoying one of the countries we most like to hang out in. Can't wait to read more of your adventures.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb