Nashville


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Nashville
June 23rd 2016
Published: January 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Day 4

Well left Memphis behind ( loved every minute) and its off to the Home of Country , Nashville.





Delayed flight by an hour so had to run from the plane in Dallas and made the connection by two mins!

Arrived in Nashville at a balmy 95 degrees . My hotel was located 2 miles from the Broadway, the heart of the nightlife. Started to walk bu the heat was stifling so hopped on the air conditioned bus for some relief.

Got off at music central bus station and wandered down to Broadway for a couple if beers in the Tequila Cowboy ?? A huge cavernous place but great atmosphere and, like all bars in Nashville the band was excellent.

Honky Tonk central after that for some more live tunes then back out for a wander along the river front . On the way back stopped into Joes Crab Shack for some....crabs.

Suitably fed, I headed back round to Broadway were things were in full swing.

Decided on a different bar and tried a narrow pub called The Wheel where I had the pleasure of watching a band that had a 50+ woman shredding a telecaster with tunes from Dolly Parton to Slash and sweet child of mine! The atmosphere was great, the band finished, and the next rockabilly band was setting up. I stayed for a few songs but was flagging, so decided to walk back to the hotel which wasn't the best idea when its around 2 miles and its 88 degrees. I did hear my first train whistle in the distance which was a nice touch!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb