First Stop of the Day - Memphis


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
July 29th 2007
Published: April 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Fort Worth, TX to Chattanooga, TN

Longer stops in Texarkana, AR, Memphis, TN and Murfeesboro, TN.

We took off pretty early around 5am I think. The kids are early teens so they just go from bed to the truck and back to sleep. Our first stop is a truck stop for breakfast just over the Arkansas border - yummy! Then through Arkansas to our first quick stop in Memphis. We just stopped in the visitor center to collect maps and brochures - really for later scrap booking 😉 Our plan to do more exploring in Memphis on the way back home but more on that later.

This is a really great place for a stretch as it's part of the river park right on the Mississippi. Mud Island is just across the way. After this on our way - long travel day!

Next stop was for lunch / dinner on the other side of Nashville. My husband is from Indiana and had the White Castle on his mind - kids had never had them so okay. My husband and son got a crave case & bag full. We found a nice park with some Civil War stuff right where we were and picnic.

Then on to the stop for the night Chattanooga. Due to some traffic for unknown reasons and not so great mapping we checked in to the hotel around 11pm. Yikes that is a long day. Dave, my husband insists on doing all the driving! I'm not sure where we stayed but it was a Choice hotel and nothing stands out as horrible.

Next day we let our driver sleep in a bit before our plans for the day - he was pooped!

https://www.tnvacation.com/


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Mud Island TramMud Island Tram
Mud Island Tram

This is some older action flick. Tom Cruise I think.
BW Memphis BridgeBW Memphis Bridge
BW Memphis Bridge

I sent this one to be put in some bridge book. They sent me a letter that is was published & a small check. :)
That's a lot of burgers.That's a lot of burgers.
That's a lot of burgers.

They made my tummy upset later!
WowWow
Wow

He kept the case ... its in his office


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb