Day 3: Oklahoma City, OK to Memphis, TN


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
July 30th 2015
Published: September 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

My phone was flooded with "Oklahoma! Oklahoma! Oklahoma!" messages from everyone. It was delightful.



Mostly Harmless

We slept in a little and left a little later in the morning. This day was meant to be our short driving day at seven hours, and we hoped there would be no additional mishaps. With a stop at a service station on our way out of OK City to address the lug nut and tire, we were on our way.



Continuing East

We noticed a couple things as we continued east. The landscape became greener and greener as we made our journey. And by the end of this day, we saw more and more rivers and bodies of water. This was something I missed so much living in the desert. The other thing we noticed was the decrease in rock radio stations and the increase in the spectrum of religious stations. This would have been a non-issue, except U-haul trucks do not come with an iPod plug, so we only had our radio adapter for listening to music. So much for another audio book. It then became an amusing game of finding a station with non-religious music. There aren't many.



Cat Command Center

Callie was now a travel pro. Perched on a blanket stuffed into a Costco strawberry box, she surveyed her new realm as it unfolded before her. And she napped. If only life was that easy.



Arrival and Dinner

We arrived at our hotel in time for dinner, so we happily sought out a nearby restaurant to get us out of the hotel and out of the truck. It was wonderful!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb