Day Sixteen- Memphis


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
May 23rd 2012
Published: May 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

After breki we went on a tour around Graceland. They have Elvis' house and land (Graceland) on one side of the road and then a stretch of land on the other side of the road which is where they run all the tours from and have built all different museums, and restaurants dedicated to Elvis. They run an audio tour through his house and grounds including his grave. It was really interesting but a bit sad again! Some of the rooms in his house are decorated really funky, but there was a few really tacky things as well.We then went to Sun Studios 'where Rock and Roll began' and went on a tour. The guide was so excited and enthusiastic and you could just tell he loved music and all the history that is involved in the place (especially as he probably has to repeat himself 10 times a day). Elvis did his first recording there and we got to stand on an X on the ground where he stood recording his first album and hold a microphone that people like BB King, Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis all used to record and take photos. It was all very cool!On the way home we bought tickets to the Memphis RedBirds Baseball game, we had no idea where we wanted to sit so the cute boy at the desk gave as front row seats right next to the Red Birds dug out for half price ($9)!After getting ready and drinking a few beers we got some take away sushi (to avoid what we assumed would be more fried food inside) and went to our front row seats! It was soo cool! And even better because me and laura are both blind so we didn't have to wear glasses!One of the guys in the dug out was just like a stereotyped baseball player from all the movies, it was great! The game is meant to go for nine innings (around 2-3 hours), but it was tied at nine so they kept playing till one of the teams got someone home. So we were there for five hours (13 innings) and we lost!Through the whole game I kept telling Laura I really wanted a game ball, but I didn't get one! BUT on the walk home two guys were talking to each other on either side of the road and the guy on the opposite side of the road threw a ball at the guy on our side, and I asked if I could have it, and he said 'yes ma'am'!Was very exciting!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb