Graceland, Memphis, Tennessee


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
June 23rd 2008
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Waiting for the Tour to beginWaiting for the Tour to beginWaiting for the Tour to begin

Elena is waiting for the Graceland tour to begin.
After a brief stop at what was advertised as one of Arkansas most excellent flea markets in Little Rock (it was OK) we drove on...When we noticed that the road up to Chicago was going to take us right to Memphis we couldn't resist stopping at Graceland to do the real tour. A few years ago we drove through Memphis and arrived too late for the actual tours and we just took some photos at the famous driveway gate. The kids complained bitterly about going on the tour, but I think somewhat enjoyed it while we were there. When we travel it's complete role reversal...the kids wanting to never stop and just get where we're going. Brenda and I want to see what's what and take our time. Graceland is a monument to bad 70's taste it's true, but it is cool to be in Elvis' house and the audio tour and the way they organize the crowd is excellent!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Lovely DecoratingLovely Decorating
Lovely Decorating

This is an example of some of the decorating that was done in Graceland. Elvis was musically innovative. In interior design, not so much.
GracelandGraceland
Graceland

This is the front driveway of Graceland.
Pink CadillacPink Cadillac
Pink Cadillac

In the Auto museum part of the tour you get to see the famous pink Cadillac!


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb