Where's me washboard?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
December 15th 2007
Published: December 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This one’s for mum who likes to have a daily update!

Yesterday I asked for my first doggy bag; “How common!” I hear you all cry, but the fruit platter I ordered for breakfast wasn’t so much 5 a day but more like 15 a day and enough to feed a small family. However, it’s now sitting on the desk and I’m sure will become a very tasty fruit punch before I get to eat it!

Last night we took the trolley bus downtown and checked out the infamous Rendezvous for dinner and their world famous ribs…well suffice to say we thought the recommendations were a lot of hot air and the ribs weren’t a patch on those we had at Superior, still they did a very nice drop of Merlot.

We then ended up in the Flying Saucer allegedly for a quick drink and strangely got no further. There was a band playing who sounded a bit like the Allman Brothers who if like me you’ve never heard of them played the music to Top Gear, Gregg Allman used to be married to Cher, and Duane Allman was killed in a motorbike accident c 1972 according to Andy the music oracle!

During the night it rained and rained and rained. It’s still hammering it down today, so we’ve decided to stay in the comfort of the hotel. We’ve also been mustering up the bravery to go somewhere we’ve never been before - the darkened room that’s called the laundry beckons. We’re in somewhat dread as what to expect, all great American horror films have a laundry room, dismembered bodies rumbling around the drier, or even worse a country skiffle band playing the washboard… I’ll let you know if we survive the experience….

Song for the day: The Doors - Riders on the Storm

Nina & Andy x0x0

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb