600 Miles Down....


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
September 5th 2005
Published: September 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well, Kim and I made it safe and sound to Memphis, TN. We left this morning about 3:45am and arrived in Memphis around 2:00pm. We are pretty exhausted and won't begin any heavy sight seeing until tomorrow. We are planning on seeing Graceland and Beale Street!

The drive from Fort Wayne to Memphis is about 600 miles and wasn't too bad. The states we visited today were:

1. Indiana (DOH!)
2. Illinois
3. Missouri
4. Arkansas
5. Tennessee

The Illinois state police were out in force today....in a space of about 45 minutes we saw 4 state troopers and they were pulling people over for speeding left and right. Yikes!


Here is the view from our 14th floor room....the Mississippi River and the Mud Island tramway....this was featured in the movie "The Firm" with Tom Cruise and Gene Hackman.

Everywhere we look here in Memphis there are Hurricane Katrina evacuee messages and bulletins posted. Everything from offers of free shelter, free hotel rooms, reduced rate hotel rooms, emergency food stamp applications and immediate job offers. Memphis seems to be pitching in and doing a lot to help those displaced from Mississsippi, Louisiana and Alabama.

We will be updating tomorrow with more stories and pictures. Stay Tuned!

Advertisement



5th September 2005

Glad to hear from you
We are happy to see that you got to Memphis without a problem. Keep us posted.
5th September 2005

YO
We are glad you are safe and sound. Sounds like you had a busy travel day. We are anxious to see your site seeing tomorrow. Be safe!
5th September 2005

Howdy Y'all!
Hello MJ and Kim, Hope you are having a blast as you drive across the country.. Love to see your pictures.. will check back in as your trip progresses... Stay safe and have tons and tons of fun! I will be thinking of you! ~*Kim*~
6th September 2005

Good Mornin
Hi Guys, I'm so glad u made it to Nashville sound and sound. I like the blog and website, it's pretty cool to be able to see ur pics. Can't wait til u both get here. Love to u Both-and drive safetly. Love Iman
8th September 2005

What is the Pyramid??
Glad you are having a safe trip.

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb