On to Memphis!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
December 13th 2006
Published: December 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Getting SettledGetting SettledGetting Settled

June Bug prepares for her 4th flight across the Atlantic.
Today we got up at 4:30 a.m. for final packing and routine grooming before we checked out of our hotel and headed to the airport at 5:30 a.m. Then we took a nine hour flight to the States. After shuffling through immigration, customs, and security, we had a couple of hours before our afternoon flight to Memphis. The last time we were in the States, June Bug was still in diapers, so she had never used an American toilet. I thought it was funny when she walked into the stall, looked at the toilet, and nervously yelled, “Why’s there so much water in there?!!!” I convinced her that despite their wasteful water consumption, American toilets are perfectly safe to sit on and use.
Mom picked us up at the airport. When we arrived home, Heather came out to greet us. David hugged her and said, “You didn’t have to come outside in your pajamas to meet us.” Then Heather explained that she was wearing scrubs (her work clothes), not pajamas. Good times.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Deep SleepDeep Sleep
Deep Sleep

You know it's a serious nap if she doesn't wake up for ice cream.


Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb