Frankfurt


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
December 10th 2006
Published: December 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This morning we had a delicious, leisurely breakfast at the hotel (it was a marvelous buffet including my favorite, smoked salmon), then we headed out to the banking district to look at Frankfurt from the top of Main Tower. The weather cooperated, and we had fun showing June Bug the train station, river, and Romerburg. Afterwards, we decided to walk back to the Christmas Market, which was slightly less crowded than the night before, and we did some fabulous gift shopping and ridiculous Santa hat purchasing.
We went back to the hotel for nap time followed by dinner and a swim in the pool. Tomorrow we get up bright and early to fly to Chicago, and then Memphis.

Frankfurt is known for its apfelwein (apple wine), and I had a chance to try some today. It was very good. I prefer it to the Christmas gluhwein.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Ridiculous Santa HatsRidiculous Santa Hats
Ridiculous Santa Hats

I thought Americans held the market on ridiculous Santa hats, but I should have known better.
Crossing the road into a train...Crossing the road into a train...
Crossing the road into a train...

That's what happens when you keep your eyes closed.
Gingerbread HouseGingerbread House
Gingerbread House

Gingerbread house at the hotel
The PoolThe Pool
The Pool

swimming at the hotel


Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb