Old Stone Fort State Archaeological Park, TN


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Thankfully we gained an hour today driving because we used it. We drove from Atlanta, GA to Manchester, TN, then hiked the Encloser Trail at Old Stone Fort State Archaeological Park. We were a bit slower due to my recently hurt ankle (tendon) and the doggies (ok really old Mandy). The trail was marked as moderate, but in many locations, it was very treacherous and sketchy. If you would have tripped, you easy could have fallen to your death. There was one location that Daisy made me literally climb a mountain with Nates assistance of pushing my ass as I climbed with pain in my ankle. ? The trail contained the remains of an old stone fort, 3 waterfalls, a dam, and a field of beautiful wildflowers. You think we would have stopped here, but we did not. We put the dogs up and headed to Rutledge Falls. Rutledge falls was gorgeous. We would have loved to spend at least a half day here climbing around and playing in the water. But we could not because the night was approaching, and we still wanted to try to see Machine Falls. We hiked over a half an hour to Machine Falls only to find that the hike would have been too strenuous, and the darkness was already approaching so we gave up and headed back to the truck. Our final stop was to go to Walmart for some supplies. We did not get back to the trailer and eat dinner until ten o’clock our time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb