Rock City "Rocks"


Advertisement
Published: December 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Rock CityRock CityRock City

The views around Lookout Mountain are breathtaking!
It's been a year since we returned from our world trip. We just can't shake the travel bug so we took a Summer 2006 Road Trip. "A" had to stay home to work ...poor guy...so this was a "girls only" trip. We will visit Alabama, Tennessee, Iowa, South Dakota Missouri and Wyoming. A 5000 mile trip. First stop Alabama to visit grandparents and family. Then on to Chattanooga to see Rock City and Ruby Falls.

Visiting Rock City is like stepping back into the past. It's truly an old fashioned tourist trap type of place, which is what makes it so unique. There's something oddly sweet about all the little gnomes and fairies mixed among the trails and caves. Of course taking 2 teenage girls put a whole new spin on the place! They had so much fun "making fun" of everything!!

Ruby Falls was more of the same. After an elevator ride down to the cave and a half hour walk thought the cave, where you can admire the rock formations. The lights are turned off...the music swells and then...BOOM...Ruby Falls. It's another fun spot. OH and according to the girls the tour guides were really, really cute!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

See 7 StatesSee 7 States
See 7 States

Yes...you really can see 7 states from high atop Lookout Mountain.
Mom &"j"Mom &"j"
Mom &"j"

See Rock City..okay...okay we are!
Don't they look thrilled??Don't they look thrilled??
Don't they look thrilled??

Mom suggests all parents take their teenagers to "campy" tourist spots! The facial expressions say it all.
Rock City Fairytale CavernsRock City Fairytale Caverns
Rock City Fairytale Caverns

Humpty Dumpty seems pretty happy about Rock City!!


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb