Antelope can't jump?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » South Dakota » Rapid City
September 29th 2011
Published: September 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So, today was spent on the bus. From 8 am to just about 4 pm. As Jack (our tour guide) put it, today is a long airport transfer. It's a lot simpler for many people to fly into Denver than into Rapid City, so Globus starts the tour there. Bus ride was pretty uneventful, cloud cover when we were leaving Denver meant that we couldn't see the peaks of the Rockies in the distance, but it cleared up as we got into Wyoming. About 20 people on the bus, and according to Jack there are a total of 45 on the tour. A bit more than I've had on the last tours, but such is life. And apparently, some folks are only going as far as Salt Lake City.

Saw some free range antelope as we drove through Wyoming. While they can run up to 60 miles per hour, if you put out a fence, they have no idea how to get over it.

Lunch was in a small restaurant in Lusk, Wyoming. Sat with a couple of other ladies on the tour, one from Las Vegas, the other from Connecticut. There are a few folks from Australia on the tour and a couple from Great Britain.

Well, I'm gonna go and relax before our meeting this evening. I should be able to type at you tomorrow, but may not be able to get net access again for a few days after that.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb