The excitement never ends??!!


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Well all of you will be pleased to know that our temperature was a few degrees warmer here than it is there...up to 92 degrees at one point. We do, however, continue to have lower humidity which is very nice. We were definitely in more of less slow mode today. We were up early to a very comfortable temperature so the decision was made to cut John’s hair before it got too warm outside. I set him up on the side of Mufasa hoping we would draw no attention. Of course, we ARE in a campground, and anything going on is open to discussion to anyone passing by. I got a couple of offers to let me cut hair, and we got a joke or two about the process!

By the time we had finished, the temperature had gone from the mid 60’s to the upper 70’s so we were very glad that we had gotten it over with. You will be happy to know that John looks super dooper now!

Since we are pulling out in the morning (with a planned first stop at the local laundromat) we have just done “get ready” things so far today. That included a little spot cleaning of the rig, dumping (those of you who know what that is know what that is...those of you who don’t...don’t ask!), and general straightening up. We will probably walk into town late in the afternoon after it cools off a little. We did do a short walk over the bridge to see when the laundromat opens in the morning which is 6:00AM so no worries there. Our idea is to get up early in the morning and get cleaned up. Then we will drive the 1 block to the laundromat and start our laundry going. In between loading, unloading, drying, and folding we will have our breakfast in the RV.

Then we will be back on the road again. As I said the other day, we plan to drive through Sturgis, Lead, ad Deadwood on the way to Spearfish. Right now we are thinking that we will try to stay in the City Campground in Spearfish, SD if they have space. It gets good reviews and it sounds like it is close to town. They may or may not (probably won’t) have wifi, so don’t worry if you don’t hear from us for a couple of days.

As you can see from our one picture, it has been a slow day which we have enjoyed very much. Stay tuned for a little more active days in the future.

PS—we understand that Spearfish had a tornado in their area last night, so we don’t know what we will find there. It supposedly stayed on the ground about 19 miles!

Advertisement



8th July 2018

everyone needs a lazy day once and awhile
You look very relaxed. Trip seems like it is going very good. Hope Spearfish does not have serious damage. Looking forward to the next installment.
8th July 2018

Looking forward to your blog and pictures of Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota
As has been my habit this trip, I read your blog in bunches. Just read 3 or 4 days worth. Enjoying reading about your relaxing days in Hill City. I am looking forward to Theodore Roosevelt National Park. I never new there was such a place and I am looking forward to learning about it. Blog on!
8th July 2018

Will do!
We just realized a year or so ago that there was such a park either. We have learned from a friend that it is a good one to visit. It is one of the few National Parks we have yet to visit, so we are really looking forward to our seeing it.
8th July 2018

Hair Cutting
Well, Well, Well - didn’t know you were in the hair cutting business. Another hidden talent. Enjoy your vacation; it’s always good to read your blog. Safe travels .
9th July 2018

Thanks Dorothy!
I am a woman of many talents! What can I say!!

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb