Atlanta to Greenville, SC


Advertisement
Published: August 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Travel TeamThe Travel TeamThe Travel Team

Jackie and Tom leave from Gail's house to drive to SC
Monday, August 18, 2008
Hello family and friends,
Did you think that our journey was over? No way. There is still one important last step.
It is time to re-acquaint ourselves with our new, or almost new, BMW. We had bonded with our new car in Europe and now really miss seeing and driving her.
We have been back to the USA since Saturday, June 28th. Tomorrow we will spend the day at the BMW factory in Greenville, SC. There is a complete day planned for us. We start at 8:00am and finish at 3:00pm. It should be great fun touring the factory and then learning about the performance characteristics of our vehicle and then testing it on the BMW performance track.
So, let’s get started.
We have been excited about this final trip for weeks. We already have the vehicle title and insurance coverage. Everything is in place. So, today we drove from Atlanta to Greenville to spend the evening.
As part of the package, BMW pays for us to stay at the Greenville Marriott and provides dinner and breakfast here. We arrived about 4:00pm and checked in.
I was tired from the drive so I took short break before
Jackie warming upJackie warming upJackie warming up

Jackie beat me to the pool. That's a Sea Breeze in her hand.
joining Jackie at the pool. We had a couple of drinks and listened to music on the Iphone.
Dinner was at 7:30pm in the nice restaurant in the hotel. After dinner we drove into the small town of Greenville. It has a wonderful “Main Street” with lots of shops, pubs and restaurants.
We parked on the Bridge over a small river and walked around. I met a guy on a park bench and tried to start a conversation. For some reason the guy seemed occupied and did not answer my questions. He seemed quite cold. I think he was a liberal.
After we spotted a TV in a bar with the Olympics on, we decided to drive back to the Marriott to watch in our room.
As you can see I have lost a bit of my writing skills with the blog. Stay tuned, I’m sure that I’ll get it back.
That’s it for now. I hope to have more tomorrow when we see our baby once more.

Cheers,
Tom



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Tom's catching upTom's catching up
Tom's catching up

I caught up quickly with a couple of whiskey's taken off the airplane the day before flying back from Colorado...That's a whole other story.
Team DorseyTeam Dorsey
Team Dorsey

We never eat desert but when it's free what can you say. The triple chocolate was great.
Nightlife was everywhereNightlife was everywhere
Nightlife was everywhere

This is a college town and had lots of action for a Monday evening.


20th August 2008

thewans@cwjamaica.com
Jackie and I had perhaps the best Margarita that I have ever had in my life on mainstreet in Downtown Greenville. That is the cutest street by far!!
11th September 2008

Re:
I noticed in your blog you mentioned Greenville being a small town when it really isn't. Its been classified as a mid-sized city. Its urban area is over 302,000(true represention of a city's size) and it has a metro population of 1.3 million. While this isn't Atlanta's 5 million its not really that small. Thats why there is activity going on downtown on weekday nights. Its is indeed quite charming downtown.
7th November 2008

Late reply
Thanks, Moton. I've actually had a few others point out that Greenville is a real happening place. We plan a return visit with or without our car.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb