Last Day in Morocco


Advertisement
Published: April 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

March 31, 2018Weather: 60s and sunny and breezyStates: South CarolinaCity: Folly BeachMiles: 46 miles to Charleston and backHours Driving: 1

Hotel: Last Stop Morocco

Restaurants: Snapper Jacks (snack)

Sites: Beach Combing and Tide Pool searching, Charleston City Market and Battery and Waterfront ParkBooks: Folily Beach (Paul-award winning series author who grew up around here and mentions our house in her book (Last Stop Morocco)





Another beachy day. Prettier day though not as warm as we’d like. 60s with strong breezes. The kids are now afraid of the water because we keep finding all kinds of jellyfish on the beach. Lots of pretty shells on the beach too. We vegged around for a while today. I made blueberry muffins for breakfast with eggs and sausage. We also ate lunch in. Later, we headed into Charleston to site see a bit. We walked Battery Park all the way to waterfront park. We walked through City Market again. Though there were more vendors today, the crowds were also bigger. Annoying really. We walked back through the old streets of Charleston. The streets are lined with homes from the 1670s. The 1670s. Hard to believe we are walking down streets by houses that have been there that long. Very charming but very congested with homes. A little claustrophobic. I like Savannah better.

On the way back, we stopped in Folly for a snack at Snapper Jacks. Very beachy town dotted with drunk vacationers. Entertaining. Now Paul is napping, the kids are hanging upstairs and I am starting to pack up. We had dinner at taco boy last night as recommended by John our tour guide in Savannah. It was really good. Pork tacos, shrimp tacos, tuna tacos, and my golden margarita. We had a nice evening. Sunday we will go to church for Easter and somewhere to eat for breakfast.

Then, off to Raleigh.













Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement











Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb