Columbia, Atlanta, Birmingham


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » South Carolina » Columbia
September 13th 2010
Published: September 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sat Sept 4th- Columbia- S.C.- After arriving from Charleston and checking in to our hotel which had a great downtown location Decided to treat ourselves to a nice meal and some wine before heading to bed.

Sun 5th Sept- Columbia- Had a lie-in as the visitors centre did not open until 1pm- after goingt here we went to the confedarate relic room and military museum. it was really interesting with a special ww1 exhibit. It was so quiet and most places were closed in the evening so we ended up in a sports bar, got chatting to some american guys who paid our bill and then they said they would take us to the zoo the next day.

Mon 6th Sept- Columbia- Went to the zoo with the boys, was very busy as it was labour day but a really good zoo which included one of the best botanical gardens in america.

Tue 7th Sept- Atlanta Georgia- Got to the hostel which was a big old house, me and katy had an 8 bed dorm to ourselves which was great, it was so homely and we cooked dinner and chilled out in the living area. The people staying in the hostel were all really great so we stayed up chatting with them.

Wed 8th Sept- Atlanta- Headed to the world of coca-cola and one of the guys form the hostel- Irish Andy came with us- then bumped into the 3 brits from the hostel too. It was a really impressive place with a cool 4d film and lots of different coca-cola brands from around the world to taste. Also had a look aroudn the underground atlanta shopping mall before heading back to the hostel. We got everyone at the hostel involved in a games night and scatogories and pictionary got very competitive.

Thurs 9th Sept- Atlanta- Went to the aquarium which has the largest aquarium tank in the world. It was really cool and had different fish and animals from all over the world. In the evening we made the boys watch Charlie and and chocolate factory- the original version.

Saturday 11th Sept- Birmingham- Alabamah- Headed downtown and looked around the art gallery which was really good, it was so quiet downtown though and there weren't even any cafe's open so we just headed back to the inn and had an evening watching films.

Sunday 12th Sept- Birmingham- Went to the civil rights institute which is free on Sunday's. It was really well laid out and very informative with real life footage and photograph's, it was hard to believe that it all took place only 50 years ago. Had an early evening swim and sunbathing session.

Now in Montgommery and then heading to New Orleans on Thursday.




Additional photos below
Photos: 80, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb