Charleston SC 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » South Carolina » Charleston
September 4th 2010
Published: September 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Witty ad campaignWitty ad campaignWitty ad campaign

in the Charleston museum
Thurs Sept 2nd- Charleston- Got up early to catch the free breakfast which featured a huge selection of bagels and fillings. Then we walked to the visitors centre in downtown before heading to the charleston museum where were learn't a lot about the history of Charleston in the adult section of the museum and played games dressed up and did drawings in the kids section. We then caught the trolley which is an old fashioned little bus used in the town centre to the waterfront park, rainbow row which was a street with brightly coloured painted old houses and the battery which is where they used to view battles in the water from. We caught the trolley back to the visitors centre and then walked back to the hostel via the best named supermarket ever, piggly wiggly. We cooked up a stir-fry and then played card with the guy sharing our kitchen.

Friday Sept 3rd- Charleston- Had breakfast again and got chatting more to Rosie, Emma and Three guys who they were traveling with from camp. They were heading to the beach at the island of Palms just across the bridge from Charleston and asked if I wanted to come along to we headed to the visitors centre to catch the bus, we had just missed one so had a drink and waited for the next one but it didn't take us all the way to the beach so had to get a taxi the rest of the way, only ended up costing $4 dollars each way though for the bus and the taxi and the beach was lovely, there was a warm breeze and the sea was warm. Cooked fajitas for dinner and then chilled out at the hostel with Rosie and a Canadian girl called Steph, she lives near Vancouver and Rosie is working in Whistler for the ski season so we are going to try and meet up.

It's now Saturday morning and we have checked out our room but our bus to Columbia isn't till 3pm so we are waiting around in the common room at the hostel until then.xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb