Home Port


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » South Carolina » Charleston
September 8th 2006
Published: October 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Salty Mike'sSalty Mike'sSalty Mike's

The local sailor bar, where everyone knows your name (and your drink).
We decided to spend most of hurricane season here in Charleston. And we are very thankful that our first hurricane season while living on the boat was a non-event. Although we did have one scare, when Ernesto was coming right towards us. But we battened down the hatches, secured the lines, and had ourselves a kickin’ hurricane party with all the other cruisers. In the end the winds of Ernesto died down significantly, the hurricane was down-graded to a tropical storm, and its path veered north of us. So we were spared- yeah! I am happy to report that it was no worse than a winter storm.

Besides that, we have just been hanging out in Charleston with our friends here and exploring this great city. It has become our non-official home port and Salty Mikes has become our official bar. There are many great stories of being thrown into the pluffer mud, midnight swims off the battery, and dinghy races…. but I won’t be getting into the details here. Needless to say, we have been having a great time and will be sad to leave when we start sailing south to the Florida Keys this winter.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb