Deserving of a separate blog


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We drove from Fayetteville to Charleston this afternoon, and we are in probably the prettiest Holiday Inn I've ever seen. Jerry and I always get a suite because I'm not sure we could live without a mini-fridge. The room is huge, the bed is so comfortable, and the staff is so nice!

We had the absolute most wonderful time. First up was exploring Ft. Moultrie. You have to understand something. My husband, the historian, had never been here. And still knew everything about the old fort. Another Civil War site down!

Tonight we went to the aquarium to watch the fireworks. We had plenty of time, saved our spot on the steps overlooking the water (eventually had to battle a group of 10 people for our spot, seriously, lady, if you're "saving" the spot maybe you should teach your husband to say something when we lay down our blanket!), and toured the aquarium. Which is pretty cool at night! Had dinner, and I got a couple of glasses a wine, and was chilled out sufficiently for the fireworks. Absolutely beautiful, they shot them off the Yorktown. Very impressed and worth every penny for the tickets.

Today's lesson: There may be three levels of deck seating, but the biggest bitch in the place will ALWAYS be seated next to you.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb