Flying from LAX to Boston to get to Rhode Island


Advertisement
Published: May 27th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Steve, Nathan, Rosie, were excited to head to New England and see the state where Steve went to college and Grandpa George was born and raised. There was plenty of family to visit and places to see, but the first step was flying out there and Steve definitely appreciated the help that Nana (Susie) and Grandpa George gave him by flying out altogether. To get to Rhode Island, the easiest flight was to go direct to Boston, then rent a car and drive to Rhode Island, where there were 2 rooms reserved at the Hyatt Place by the Warwick/Providence Airport.

The family left the house in Oak Park around 10 to get to LAX. The airport was busy so thankfully they had just enough time to get to the gate in time to be called for boarding. Nana brought plenty of entertainment for the kids and there were screens on the airplane seats. Nathan we knew would be fine, and Rosie behaved great for a 2 1/2-year-old, despite only a short 20-minute nap in Steve's lap. When we landed in Boston, we got a great deal on GMC Yukon Extended so we could fit all our luggage and strollers. The kids loved driving under the Ted Williams tunnel and Nathan was now very interested in maps of the USA and street maps to see where we were going. We got the hotel late local time at around 11 after a dinner stop at Burger King and some supplies at 7-11, then the kids settled in well and the bedtime was not bad considered they were still on California Time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0142s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb