After 21 days, Home!!!


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 10:55 p.m., Millie pulled into our driveway (or actually, Mark backed her in). We are indeed home and looking forward to sleeping in our own beds tonight. Actually, the kids are already in bed and we've already poured the wine (into real crystal glasses) so I thought I'd do a next-to-last entry in the travel blog with the hopes one of the boys will wrap things up tomorrow. Nothing like finishing the trip with a splash and a little rock and roll. The surprise stop to Cedar Point, where my sister and her family, inlaws and a bunch of friends were staying for the weekend was a hit. According to Elliot, this was one of his dreams in life. He didn't get on all 16 roller coasters but did go on quite a few including the dragster which hits speeds of 120 mph and is pretty much verticle (ask Mark about the experience). And, you should have seen Kevin's excitement when he realized we were not only staying at the hotel with his cousins, but at one with an indoor water park. Lisa has picts of Cedar Point so none are posted; but here are a couple of the water park. It was fun for us as well, hanging with Lisa and Jeff as well as Jeff's brother Tag and, wife, Sandy. We left Sandusky midmorning and stopped in Cleveland at the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame expecting only to spend an hour but spent about three and could have been there longer. The ride home was smooth and Millie (cleaned up a truck wash in Ohio) will need some spa work but is running fine. No doubt about it. We have had a wonderful adventure as we traveled our 20 states and 5,700 miles. While we had a couple of low points due to early Millie problems, our good times have far surpassed those times by a million to one. I can't say that Mark has converted me into a camping girl. I'd definately go back and spend more time in Arizona, New Mexico and next time Southwest Colorado but I think the adventures with Millie might be better closer to home.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



8th July 2007

Home again, home again..........
What a wonderful trip for the whole family. I do have to agree with Maria regarding the camping versus hotels, but for your family experience it was the right thing. It's good to hear Mille is finally on her best behavior and I hope that remains the case. I hope you had a great nights sleep in your own beds.
9th July 2007

WELCOME HOME
Welcome home, weary travelers!! We were going to pop over today and make you a welcome home sign--boy, wouldn't we have been surprised! I am so glad you made it home without any further Millie challenges! We are looking forward to seeing you and hearing more about your adventures.
10th July 2007

water park
WOW! That's the most awesome waterpark ever! i wanna go there!

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb