A relaxed day of driving, reading and playing games


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Indiana » Elkhart
July 5th 2007
Published: July 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

When the horse sees his stable, it's hard to stop him from galloping home. Mark and Millie are a bit like that now. We've traveled through Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and have stopped for the night in Elkhart, Indiana -- about 20 miles east of South Bend. From here, its about 11-12 hours to York. It was tough but Mark agreed to stop in Wisconsin for cheese at Elliot's request. We had a nice little happy hour (sans drinks) of cheddar, brick and onion cheese driving through Madison. Despite traffic, we also enjoyed the Chicago skyline with Mark wishing he had time to stop off at Gene and Giorgetti's, a favorite steak place in town. I asked Mark what he like to add to this entry. He'd like to gripe about today's tolls -- about $10 in Chicago on 90 to go 10 miles -- since none of us were interested in listening. Millie continues to run well and the lack of the generator has not been a problem. We have the windows open (screens in) and the temperature has been comfortable. When we get to the campground, we're able to run the ac, fridge etc. on electric power. Tomorrow, we have a great surprise planned for the kids. My sister, Lisa, and her family are planning to be in Sandusky Ohio at Cedar Point for two days. We're about 2 hours away and have reservations at the same hotel. We'll spend tomorrow at the Cedar Point Amusement Park (which Lisa and I remember visiting as kids) and, if all goes as planned, a Saturday stop at the Rock and Rock Hall of fame. All is well. We're all a little out of synch because of the time change. We've gone from pacific to mountain to central to eastern time in a short period and we're having a bit of trouble adjusting -- especially Kevin and Maria.

Advertisement



6th July 2007

Go Millie!
It has been so much fun reading your travel blog and seeing your fabulous pictures. My list of places that I NEED to see keeps getting longer. Hopefully Millie has decided that she is going home with you. We continue to pray for your safe return and count us in for tickets to the slide show!
6th July 2007

Now what will I read???
Home already?? But there is still so much to see! Have really enjoyed 'seeing' the US with the Royces. You have visited so many places I hope to get to one day. Your entries and photos have been great. Thanks for the memories! By the way, had a great black raspberry pie for the 4th right here in beautiful Burgettstown, PA!
7th July 2007

Welcome
Well, welcome to our time zone!! I know a little something about the adjusting--still a little out of sorts from our travel. Sounds like a great surprise for the kids! Ride the coasters for me-they are supposed to be awesome!! You know my Mark would be right there commiserating with you about the tolls, Mark! See ya soon. Maggie

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb