Philadelphia freedom!


Advertisement
Published: November 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Still Oct 30th, this was a loooong day!

Arrived at Philadelphia airport, a little late and in a lonair rafts aircraft waiting to arrive at their gate.

After a long wait, arrived at the gate and ran to customs to join the long line, way too long, panic set in as due to the delay we had a really tight transit and had to re-check our bags for the flight down to MIA , started to give up hope, then a line started to move a little more quickly, got thru customs to find no message up on screen for our bags, Alex eventually found them by this time our flight was boarding, ran to check our bags and got stuck behind the slowest dimmest old couple with the most hand luggage, belts, shoes, metal plates, glasses, etc etc, eventually got thru, chucked their bags out of the way and them got my bag searched, damn that can of cranberry soda I sneaked out of the lounge in Madrid!!

Ran about 2 miles, no kidding to the gate as it said on the card, B9, arrived pretty much requiring CPR, stood panting in line only to find this was the flight to San Diego, now don't get me wrong, San Diego is a cool place but we had plans and reservations in Miami....so off we ran again to the right gate, last ones on the aircraft, almost expected a cheer from the other passengers, crawled over the bloke on the aisle and collapsed for the 2 hour flight. Next worry, will our bags have made it?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1010kb