Hi etc.


Advertisement
Published: July 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

Sorry for being so crap at updating this - there are only 2 computers and impatient people hovering behind and it's really off-putting! And the longer I put it off the more I have to write so the less chance I have to do it! I have sacrificed my daily shower to write this so I really smell atm!

I have arrived safely if you haven't gathered. The camp is really pretty and the other International staff are all lovely but the campers are spoilt brats and the American staff who have previously been campers just ignore everybody foreign. Luckily I'm a Specialist and not a general counsellor and so I don't spend much time with my bunk (who are mostly like 14 year old Regina's from Mean Girls, the first thing they did when they arrived was have a long meeting about how fat another girl had got).

Specialist means that we teach during the day and don't really spend much time with our bunks. I've been hired on Ropes, when I first found out I was like crap what did I write in my application form I don't have a clue about figure of eight knots and stuff!! But I've been trained up and am all knowledgeable. There are photos of the ropes courses (if I can work out how to upload them), there is a climbing wall tower, a bungee swing thing, a high ropes course, a zip line that goes over the lake and a low ropes course. It's all so fun and the other Ropes staff are great!

The weather here is always way too hot and I have the weirdest tan lines. The food is crappy there isn't much choice and I usually resort to eating lettuce and filling up on chocolate later.

The kids at this camp are so annoying! I loved all of them at my last camp and think I taken it for granted! The kids that go here are really rich and used to doing whatever they want, two thirds are diagnosed with various diseases like diabetic etc. and I'm not even exaggerating. The Senior staff are always saying don't shout at the kids, make them feel at home but seriously some of these kids need a good bollocking, they don't have any respect for the Senior staff. Whenever they make an announcement they say shh quieten down about 20 times and the kids just shout over them, and the American staff all talk as well so we can't exactly tell the kids to shut up! I have 8 kids in my bunk and 2 other counsellors.

We get 2 out of 3 nights off although we're always stuck in camp as nobody has cars! But I get my first whole day off on friday night and saturday so a few of us are going to Philadelphia and staying in a hotel, it's Independence Day which I thought was about Will Smith and aliens but apparently there is lots of partying so will be tres fun!

Ran out of time must go! Will try and update again today! xx

P.S. Thanks mum for your Alternative Amy posts! The one about the chocolate was very accurate!

Advertisement



2nd July 2008

,
Hey sounds like your learning stuff overthere! and having some experince! fun fun fun!! ^_^ good luck handling the whining and rude gossip of those little girls! lol hope you have fun on independance day! be careful you dont get robbed out there by some american homeless patriotic maniac X) hopeyou find some good chocolate!!! x

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb