Life after Dollywood


Advertisement
Published: September 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dollywood - Pigeon Forge was like a little Vegas, bright lights, souvenir shops and mini golf (where once again Claire reigned supreme) We spent a day and a half in Dollywood itself mostly listening to numerous country and bluegrass bands sing endless renditions of 'Rockytop', which Ron now sings at any opportunity (he knows all the words). Park highlights included a visit to Dolly's childhood home and museum and a ride on the Dollywood steam train.

From Tenessee we headed into Virginia where we camped up for two nights in Shenandoah national park. We enjoyed a scenic hike and Ron tried to teach me how to play American football, I can now throw the ball like a pro (most of the time). Whilst eating our campfire fare a black bear came wandering through the campsite, very very close, it was great. The parks are much quieter now it's so much cooler (Fall has definately arrived) and we were the only people in the campground and on the trails. We both enjoy the camping but after three days of being swampies the desire to shower wins out and we head back to civilisation. We headed onto maryland where we did all the sights of Washington DC, a lot of walking!

Yesterday we went to an ice hockey game in Philladelphia, there were a few fights and lots of cheering and jeering, and Philly won. Yet another great rendition of God bless America too! We are still in Philladelphia, and plan to head to Boston tommorrow. The natives seem to understand me a bit better here too, they seem to have a vague idea of where England is and most have all their teeth. I am missing the South already!

We are off to Mexico for a week on Tuesday. We have booked up at an all inclusive resort for a last bit of sunshine and a well earned rest!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



29th September 2008

what a massive pickle! don't get the massive pumpkin pile though, is that rons lunch?
1st October 2008

Really
You had to go North to see Pump kins..? lol...Ron explain that joke to Young Claire please...:)
1st October 2008

Nice Pickle!
All that time together and Claire finally found a friend she might like better then Ron..:) Oh and Claire Dear, nice shirt can't wait to see the one Ronald had...and I KNOW HE HAS ONE! lmao! To go with his cut off jean shorts...:)

Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb