Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Yucatán
October 9th 2008
Published: October 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Mexico- rain, rain, rain ,rain, rain and more rain.

That's when they finally let us leave the US. We were both called out of the line at Boston airport and told we had been 'randomly' selected for a higher level security search. This of course had absolutely nothing to do with us being the only one's in the line holding visible foreign passports! Once they had given us a thorough pat down and examined our footwear, dusted all our kit for explosive residue and suspiciously sqeezed our football, they then rather ungraciously allowed us to pass.

When we arrived in Mexico it was a rather different story. I was told to press a button, which I did, a big green light appeared and the customs/immigration lady wished me a pleasant holiday. Had the light gone red we would have been called out for searching etc, now that is random!

Only one day, well half a day of sunshine. We still managed to spend several days in the pool though, taking advantage of the swim up bar by trying to drink our way through the extensive cocktail selection. The highlight for me was a beautiful towell swan and a cocktail named the monkey mama. We spent a day running away from a tour guide at Chitchen Itza and enjoyed some truley awful yet very entertaining shows put on as part of the evenings entertainment. We spent most of our time relaxed yet hungry as the portions were stingey...five scallops does not constitute a main meal!! Did they not know I get angry when I'm hungry?! Rons face was a picture when he was presented with a steak smaller than the meat patty in a MaccyD's, not a happy bunny. Needless to say room service was ordered on more than one occassion.

When we arrived the bell boy asked Ron his name and then insisted, despite correction on referring to us constantly as Mr and Mrs Rom and wishing us a happy anniversary at check in. Ron laughed and said nothing which would have been fine had there not actually been a couple called Mr and Mrs Rom who were actually celebrating their anniversary. Having inadvertantly blagged a free fruit bowl and champagne we were ousted as fraudsters and looked very, very silly. Despite the weather it was a lovely, relaxing break.

Back to the states, Nester is still working. After our little luxury we are back in skanky old decrepit motels whose selling points as posted on the board outside consist of a bed and a colour TV...Whoohoo, Alas.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



11th October 2008

not doing to well at the borders are ya! Maybe it was the sight of the old lady that made ron "cold" in the pool!

Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb